YogurtforLife – Bulgarian Heirloom Yogurt Starter
Our product is an authentic Bulgarian heirloom starter culture developed in a laboratory in Bulgaria especially for our online store. It has (at least) double the potency of other yogurt starters generally available on the market, which guarantees the best results possible. Since this yogurt starter is produced in Bulgaria, it has all the features of the Bulgarian yogurt (kiselo mlyako) – thick creamy nature, higher acidity, and best of all – impeccable taste!
What’s In The Pack
- The yogurt starter contains only freeze-dried culture in a dried milk medium (it is not dairy-free). It is fully natural with no preservatives, artificial colors or flavors.
- Each pack contains loose dairy powder mix in perfect proportions of the two strains required to make Bulgarian yogurt. It gives you the flexibility to make any volume between 1 and 4 liters of Bulgarian Yogurt at a time. Kindly refer to our recipe to make Real Bulgarian Yogurt as provided in this website.
- PROBIOTIC STRAINS USED: 1 tsp (2 grams) contains Lactobacillus Bulgaricus and Streptococcus Thermophilus in a proprietary formula mix (guaranteed more than 2 billion cfu)
- This is a family pack which enough to produce at least 4 liters of Bulgarian Yogurt. If you make less than 4 liters of yogurt, the leftover starter culture must then be properly kept based on our storage instructions provided.
- The recommended storage temperature for the yogurt starter is between 0°F (-18°C) and 40°F (4°C). Ideally you should always store the pack in the freezer when not in use.
- Avoid keeping the pack at room temperature for prolonged periods of time as it will decrease the activity of Lactobacillus Bulgaricus.
- Unfreezing the starter and freezing it again (even more than once) is ok.
- Transporting the pack will not damage the live culture inside as it is freeze-dried and well insulated. You can travel with our starter culture for 2-3 weeks without refrigeration with very minimal loss of potency. Nevertheless, try to minimize exposure to higher temperatures as much as possible.
This is a family packing size perfect for you to try out our product. There are bigger packing sizes available for those who like making more yogurts. Additionally, we also cater to commercial sizes upon request.
Only logged in customers who have purchased this product may leave a review.