Bulgarian yogurt is the most popular variety of yogurt in the world and is one of the things that make Bulgarians proud to call themselves Bulgarians. The Lactobacillus Bulgaricus that was present in the yogurt was first discovered in Bulgaria. This mildly sour-tasting yogurt, is undoubtedly the best and the healthiest of all dairy products that are available to consumers nowadays.
Health Benefits of Bulgarian Yogurt
- Bulgarian Yogurt is associated with LONGEVITY. Bulgaria is one of the countries with the biggest number of people aged 100 years and older.
- Yogurt is an excellent source of “good” bacteria” that is needed in the digestive tract. Healthy levels of good bacteria promote digestive health.
- Yogurt strengthens the immune system and helps prevents tumor growth.
- Its high concentration of calcium helps against osteoporosis and reduces cholesterol levels.
- Reduces the risk of high blood pressure.
- Active cultures help certain gastrointestinal conditions including lactose intolerance, constipation, diarrhea, colon cancer, inflammatory bowel disease, H. pylori infection and many others.
- Bulgarian yogurt is organic yogurt and organic yogurt is an excellent diet food. Not only yogurt is nutritionally sound but it also makes you feel fuller faster.